Withdrawal, Cancellation & Refund Procedures for East Coast Events USSSA Tournaments
WHEN A BASEBALL TEAM WITHDRAWS BEFORE A WEEKEND EVENT
East Coast Events understands that unforeseen circumstances, especially injuries, roster defections, player availability, etc., can occur throughout a season. Teams should also plan for the unexpected and understand that the scheduling process starts weeks and sometimes months before an event is scheduled.
- A full refund shall be given if a team withdraws on or before the 21st day before the tournament.
- A full refund, less a $100 withdrawal fee, shall be given if a team withdraws from the 20th day before a tournament up until the schedule is posted.
- A 50% refund shall be given if a team withdraws after the schedule is posted and a replacement team is found 48 hours before the start of the event.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws after the schedule is posted and a replacement team is not found 48 hours before the start of the event.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws within 48 hours before the event’s start, regardless of whether or not a replacement team is found. When this occurs, it is still the team’s obligation to notify the tournament director that they will not be participating.
WHEN A BASEBALL TEAM WITHDRAWS BEFORE A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT
The withdrawal deadline and the entry deadline are the same. A team will be given a full refund of the entry and gate fees if they withdraw on or before the entry deadline. No entry or gate fee refund will be given if a team withdraws after the entry deadline.
REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS OR SHORTENING OF AN EVENT
While East Coast Events and our Host Partners will make every attempt to play each event, weather and other unforeseen circumstances may prevent an event from being completed or, in some cases, even starting. In those cases:
- An 80% refund will be given to teams that do not start any game in an event.
- A 50% refund will be given to teams starting less than ½ of their scheduled games.
- No refund will be given to teams starting ½ or more of their scheduled games.
Note: If teams are due a refund but are registered and unpaid for future East Coast Events or other Maryland Baseball events with the same director, that refund shall be applied to the balance due on those future events.
East Coast Events reserves the right to adjust this policy anytime to accommodate unusual circumstances.